Pritchard is a small community located off High Way #1 between Kamloops and Chase. With a population of just over 2000 residents and larger than average lot sizes, it is no wonder those seeking privacy will find themselves right at home in the area. Residents in this area are serviced by a small store which is located directly off the Highway.
Pritchard was named after Walter Percy Pritchard who purchased 160 acres from John G. Fawcett on September 1, 1907, along the South Thompson River east of the present bridge. He later built the Hotel Pritchard on the property and established the community’s first post office there. Needing a name, he decided to lend it his own last name.
Students in Pritchard attend nearby schools in Chase. There is daily school bus service where students attend Haldane Elementary School and Chase Secondary School.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.